Rain in Summer

Image
It’s been a while since the last blog post I made, writing this while in the rhythm of the falling rains. It is summer season here in the Philippines, we started to feel the heat during the month of March. Summer but raining, I know right? Today is Sunday and the rain is still pouring  yesterday. It hasn’t stopped yet.  Before the rain happened, it was very, very hot, well, I don’t know if you guys can feel it too. Let me know if you have the same feeling. But still, I am very thankful that of rains because it gives us a cold environment, taking a pause from the heat, especially that we are  weekend days. The sky is gray, Mr. Sun is not showing and no heavy winds.  To be honest, my perspective of being productive was changed or let’s say updated. I used to describe it by accomplishing major tasks; going outside to buy something, cleaning, cooking, washing clothes and etc. But now, it has been two days today, I did nothing of those mentioned tasks. I haven’t taken a shower yet, honest t

Jump Rope Workout Story

When was the last time you jumped rope? Did you know that jump rope exercise is one of the many ways that help burn your calories?  Going to gym or yoga which are common to everybody are proven effective enough if it's done constantly and properly, it is quite expensive. 

I read some articles and videos about jumping rope, it helps cardiovascular fitness while toning muscles. It is good for the heart. If you are heart broken just do jump rope, just kidding.

First quarter of 2020, the world's going crazy because of this corona virus. Everybody is on lockdown or home quarantined, while on it, i found this new way of exercise which is cheap and portable.

You probably doesn't know that I'm a fan of Elen Adarna, I followed her in Instagram and I always see her stories, like every time I open my account. She always has this story doing jumping rope exercise and that made me do it also. Aside from being bored at home, I realized that I'm not having sweats anymore, unlike when you are outside at-least you can have walks like buying lunch or coffee outside in the office. 

So, I ordered two ropes online, I used Shopee, I think it was around 450 each not including the shipping fee. I contacted first the seller if they could do transaction even it's quarantine. The shipment was not like before that you can have it like 3 days or 4 days, it took almost 2 weeks. Well, I have no problem with that because I understand due to the corona virus.



I have been doing this exercise with my sister every morning. We wake up around 6am and spend1hr, if I'm in the mood, of  jumping rope and some light exercises. Trust me, jumping rope is a fun thing to do while having great sweats.

I think started jump rope month of April. You might think I'm doing it everyday, no, it will be based on the mood of doing it, hahahaha. There were times I jumped rope straight in a week, sometimes alternate. I felt good, it's like I do not get easily tired in doings things the whole day. I felt my body is lighter weight than before. By the way, I took my weight January 2020, it was 60kls with no exercise. Took my last weight mid of May and it's still 60kls. You might think what I'm doing was useless because of my weight didn't reduce. No, although weight is the same but there also changes like what I've mentioned above. In addition, my skin is getting tighter and I am feeling great everyday.



It is cheap, portable and it's a simple exercise. You can do it too. Lastly, according to research,  a 10-minute jump rope is equivalent to a 30-minute run. Now go and try it out! Let me know what you think!


Checkout stories here: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n_7Q6Mqcf6A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Catapult - IT Family